Divorce is a difficult experience that can be emotionally draining. It’s essential to prioritize your personal finances and take necessary steps to protect them during this time. Getting your finances in order can give you time to focus on parenting and provide time to prepare for the changes that come with being newly divorced. With your finances in order, you can reduce the stress and anxiety that often accompany divorce, allowing you to put your energy toward what matters, such as your children and your own well-being.
If you’re going through a divorce, it is important to understand your financial options and make informed decisions to ensure that you receive the best possible settlement. Here are some actions you can take to protect your finances before and during a divorce:
- Separate your finances early in the process. Additionally, keeping track of all expenses from your personal account is important.
- Prepare your personal financial plan to allow you to have an overview of what you have and need as you go through your divorce process.
- Review your taxes and assets.
- Consider reviewing the policies on account ownership of all your financial institutions.
- Knowing when it’s better to settle is important.
- To protect your assets, think about getting a postnuptial agreement.
- Find the right attorney for your divorce to help ensure you get the best scenario possible out of your divorce.
For help and more information on preparing for a divorce, contact the Law Offices of Adam Rieth any time to schedule a strategy session. The team at The Law Offices of Adam Rieth has helped thousands of Arizona families navigate all aspects of their divorce. They have 3 locations throughout Phoenix and are available for virtual or in person appointments.